Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Charlie Chaplin Quotes


  • In the light of our egos, we are all dethroned monarchs

  • Life can be wonderful if you're not afraid of it. All it takes is courage, imagination ... and a little dough.

  • What do you want meaning for? Life is desire, not meaning!

  • Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone.

  • Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.

  • Life is a beautiful magnificent thing, even to a jelly fish.

  • To live in order to reason or reason in order to live; there is the question.

  • Imagination means nothing without doing.

  • This is a ruthless world and one must be ruthless to cope with it.

  • If you're really truthful with yourself, it's a wonderful guidance.

  • We might as well die as to go on living like this.

  • To be out on a night like this you must be an optimist

  • Have them all shot. I don't want any of my workers dissatisfied.

  • I have no further use for America. I wouldn't go back there if Jesus Christ was President.

  • I have yet to find a poor man who has nostalgia for poverty

  • A man is what a woman makes him and a woman makes herself.

  • The public never knows what it wants, only what it doesn't want.

  • One murder makes a villain, millions a hero. Numbers sanctify, my good fellow.

  • Simplicity is a difficult thing to achieve.

  • Remember, you can always stoop and pick up nothing.

  • I am but one thing, and one thing only - and that is a clown. It places me on a higher plane than any politician.

  • I don't believe that the public knows what it wants; this is the conclusion that I have drawn from my career.

  • The basic essential of a great actor is that he loves himself in acting

  • Despair is a narcotic. It lulls the mind into indifference.

  • I do not wish to lose my temper because very shortly I will lose my head. Nevertheless, upon leaving this spark of earthly existence, I have this to say: I shall see you all very soon ... very soon. (Mr Verdoux)

  • Humor is the sublime wisdom of pity and tolerance in which man recognizes the utter futility of his own enterprise and importance.

  • Humor is the ability to discern in a kindly way the folly in what is considered normal, sublime behavior, and to discern the discrepancy in what appears as a truth.

  • They walked out on me. They haven't done that since I was a beginner. The cycle's complete.

  • Doing something with the public in mind is doing something without your own mind.

  • A man's true character comes out when he's drunk.
  • The roses you lifted to your lips ... lucky roses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

google search